Does this question hit every programmer’s mind “Are gaming laptops good for coding or not”? So, the answer is yes. Gaming laptops are high-tech and top-notch which makes them the best option for any sort of user and work best in any conditions, needs, or requirements.
Gaming laptops are designed in a such way that it never disappoints or lag in between the work because of the plethora of services it offers. Of course, there are some differences between a normal laptop and a gaming laptop, but the thing is that both of them have some pros and cons too.
Also Check: Can A Chromebook Replace A Laptop?
If you want a laptop that is best in all aspects, then a gaming laptop is something you should go for as it supports a strong processor, storage, RAM, and graphics which are the most important factors to look at while judging any laptop.
We will get in-depth knowledge about this topic in this post. So, read the entire page carefully and get all the answers to your questions. So, what are you waiting for? Let’s start.
Advantages and Disadvantages of a Gaming Laptop for Coding
Gaming and Programming both need high-tech, faster, and smoother laptops but everything has some boon and bane which somewhere helps the buyer to make the decision and get a clearer vision of their thoughts. So, now we will have an idea about the good and bad factors of a gaming laptop when it comes to coding or programming.
Below are the good facts and facilities of a gaming laptop.
- Processor: From a gamer to the programmer, everyone needs a fast processor so that their all-hard-loaded tasks get completed without any effort. The processor is basically the brain of the system and having a good processor means that all of the multitask and multiple commands will take place perfectly and give the best output. If the laptop has a 2 GHz processor speed, then it is the best one to grab.
- Display: Every user wants the visuals to look appealing, exposed, balanced, and completely contrasted, and having these needs good panel technology which is available in gaming laptops only. From display size to pixel and other high-tech features, everything is included in gaming laptops which is one of the main reasons for giving the best visual output. Not only this, but it also has a wide viewing angle and color managing features.
- RAM: It stands for Random Access Memory, and it basically deals with the storage capacity as well as saves the data for the long term without any distortion. Gaming laptops have slots too available so that you can extend the capacity. Having a minimal 4 GB RAM is not worth it as it will result in lagging but in gaming laptops, you get more than that so there is no tension or disappointment regarding the command inputs and storage.
- Graphics: Whatever the work is, having the best graphics is a must either for the programmer or for the gamer. And that is why gaming laptops are loaded with the premium graphic card which makes sure about smooth and effective working. Having a gaming laptop can help the programmer witness the best 3D outputs with the best color contrast and deal with entire graphical tasks where required.
- Stylish and Durable: Gaming laptops are the most stylish, sleek, and colorful gadgets. It has RGB lighting in its keyboard as well as looks very attractive too. Not only this, but it is also very powerful and strong when it comes to its manufacturing as these laptops pass various durability tests and then come into the market for sale. They are enough to handle drop, water, and heat kind of situations without any negative impact.
After all the good factors, now it’s high time to know about the cons too so that you can be familiar with both sides.
- Expensive: If you are a basic programmer or beginner and have a less budget then gaming laptops might not be the best option for you. The reason behind its firing prices is the facilities it offers which are so supreme and premium that eventually it increases the cost of the product. So, if you are not so tech savvy and want a basic laptop in a cost-effective range as well as just want to do the minimal coding then switch to other options.
- Battery Life: Everything in excess has some bad impacts too and this is the same case in gaming laptops which means if it is loaded with the best functions and powerful features then even after having a good battery life still it will consume power frequently. This con or disadvantage can lead to making it less travel friendly as it will require frequent and closer charging spots and will also suck up the power in not so expected time span which is so shattering. Gaming laptops give only 3 to 4 hours of average battery life whereas other laptops can give more than this.
- Heavy Weight: In comparison to other laptops in the market, gaming laptops are bulkier and consist of more weight which makes the programmer or coder a bit discomfort to work continuously for long hours. Not only this, but it also becomes an obstacle to carry around or travel with.
Conclusion: Are Gaming Laptops Good for Coding
Above we talked about the pros and cons of having a gaming laptop if you are a programmer or coder which is guessing enough to evaluate the decision of are gaming laptops good for coding or not. Traditional laptops are best for basic coding but if you want more than that or expect your laptop to be the smoothest and farthest then having a gaming laptop is best.
Also Check: Reasons Why Are MacBooks So Expensive
ASUS and HP launch the best gaming laptops with updated and powerful RAM, storage, processor, graphic card, display, etc. Not only this, but gaming laptops have the best in-built microphones and speakers which add a charm to the working experience.
We hope that you got all the answers in this post and made your rigid decision but still you have any other queries or suggestions then do write them in the comment section below as we will help you as much as we can.